COVID-19: Ghiduri 2021 (RO)

Regatul Unit se află în stare de Lockdown din pricina pandemiei globale. Deoarece birourile noastre vor rămâne închise pe moment, punem la dispoziția dumneavoastră toate ghidurile noastre – la un loc. Faceți click pe fiecare imagine pentru a citi mai departe.

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

Cunoașteți-vă drepturile – Imigrație: mini-ghid

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

Ultima actualizare: 10.01.2021

COVID-19: Poradnik 2021 (PL)

Z powou globalnej pandemii w Wielkiej Brytanii obowiązuje lockdown, dlatego umieściliśmy wszystkie nasze poradniki w jednym miejscu. Kliknij na zdjęcie, aby dowiedzieć się więcej.

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 10.01.2021

Znaj swoje prawa – Immigration: Mini-poradnik

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 05.03.2021

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 10.01.2021

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 10.01.2021

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 10.01.2021

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 10.01.2021

Ostatnia aktualizacjia: 10.01.2021


Dostęp do benefitów, a COVID-19









Program Ochrony zatrudnienia (Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme)

Prawa pracowników i wirus COVID -19









Program wsparcia dla osób samozatrudnionych

Jestem w ciąży – czy w czasie pandemii nadal będę otrzymywać zasiłek macierzyński?

Martwię się o swoje wynagrodzenie i warunki w miejscu pracy. Co powinienem zrobić?

Czynsz i zadłużenie – jak radzić sobie z czynszem i rachunkami w czasie COVID-19









Przewodnik po aplikacji EU Exit: ID document check 



Sunt îngrijorat/ă în legătură cu plata salariului și de condițiile la locul de muncă. Ce pot să fac?

Beneficii sociale guvernamentale disponibile dacă sunteți în dificultate financiară din cauza COVID -19 – DESCARCĂ AICI:









(COVID -19) Schema pentru persoanele self -employed 

Schema de retenție a locurilor de muncă COVID -19 


Locuințe, chirie și datorii COVID -19 – DESCARCĂ AICI:









Aplicația de verificare ID: Statutul de ședere permanentă COVID -19 – DESCARCĂ AICI









Drepturile muncitorilor în contextul COVID -19 – DESCARCĂ AICI:










EU Settled Status Guide

Settled status guide

31 of October 2019 is the date when Great Britain is proposed to exit the EU. EU citizens living in the UK will have to apply for “settled status” to be able to remain in the UK.

Dla języka polskiego: Brexit guide PL

Pentru Română: GHID BREXIT RO

At this moment we don’t know if UK exits the EU with a dead or no deal.

However, EU citizens’ rights have been agreed upon and secured even in an event of no deal Brexit. According to the plan of a no deal exit, published in December 2018, the government will continue to implement what it calls the “EU settlement scheme”. 

There is already a legal basis for the EU Settlement Scheme – Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules, laid before Parliament under section 3(2) of the Immigration Act 1971. Any status granted under the scheme since the start of the first private beta phase on 28 August 2018 is a lawful UK immigration status and will remain so in both a ‘deal’ and ‘no deal’ scenario. This is an explicit assurance we received when we enquired with the Home Office about the future of the EUSS in various Brexit scenarios.

Settled status under the scheme is technically indefinite leave to remain (ILR) which currently would expire after more than two years’ absence from the UK. Parliament will need in due course to agree the required change to secondary legislation on this point, contained in the Immigration (Leave to Enter and Remain) Order 2000, but if and when it does so, that change will automatically apply to all ILR already granted under the scheme – no further application will be required and the ILR will turn into an EUSS with a five-year expiration period (which is one of he key differences between ILR and EUSS.)

Depending on the terms of Brexit (deal or no deal) the some aspects of the EU settlement scheme will differ.

A. What is it about?

In case of a deal:

  1. EU citizens and any of their non-EU family members who, by 31st December 2020, have been continuously resident in the UK for five years will be eligible for “settled status” enabling them to stay indefinitely.
  2. EU citizens and their family members who arrive by 31st December 2020, but will not yet have been continuously resident here for five years, will be eligible for “pre-settled status”. This allows them to stay until they have reached the five-year threshold. They can then also apply for settled status.
  3. EU citizens and their family members with settled status or pre-settled status will have the same access as they currently do to healthcare, pensions and other benefits in the UK.
  4. Close family members who are not living in the UK by 31 December 2020 will be able to join their EU family member in the UK at any point in the future, as long as the relationship still exists. Children born or adopted after 31 December 2020, and future dependants, will also have their rights protected.

In case of a no deal:

  1. EU citizens and any of their non-EU family members who, by the time the UK will leave the EU – now 31st of October, have been continuously resident in the UK for five years will be eligible for “settled status” enabling them to stay indefinitely.
  2. EU citizens and their family members who arrive by the UK will leave the EU – now 31st of October, but will not yet have been continuously resident here for five years, will be eligible for “pre-settled status”. This allows them to stay until they have reached the five-year threshold. They can then also apply for settled status.
  3. EU citizens and their family members with settled status or pre-settled status will have the same access as they currently do to healthcare, pensions and other benefits in the UK.
  4. Close family members (a spouse, civil partner, durable partner, dependent child or grandchild, and dependent parent or grandparent) living overseas will still be able to join an EU citizen resident here until 29 March 2022. This is so long as the relationship existed on the date of Brexit. Future children are also protected.

B. Who has to apply?

All EU citizens and their non EU family members living in the UK. If you already have British citizenship, you won’t need to apply. If you have Indefinite Leave to Remain, you don’t have to apply, but you can. If you have a permanent residency card, you will have to apply, but the application will be very simple, you will just change your PR card for settled status.

If your children are born in the UK, and you already have permanent right to reside here (been here for at least 5 years), your children might be entitled for naturalisation without applying for settled status. Please contact an immigration adviser before applying for your children.

C. When to apply?

From April 2019 the application is opened for everyone.

The deadline for applications is 30 June 2021, (or, if the UK leaves without a deal, before 31 December 2020).

D. How much does it cost?

The prime minister announced that the fees will be scrapped beginning April. At the moment application costs £65 for adults and £32 for children under 16. Applications made between 21 January and 30 March 2019 will have to be paid for, but refunded, whereas applications after 30 March 2019 will be entirely free.

E. What will you need?

The settled status application is an online application only.

  1. Proof of identity  – a passport or a national ID card. You can prove your identity and nationality via a Home Office mobile app, that is for Android phones only, and for biometric IDs. If these are not available to you, you can send your ID to the Home Office, via post. Until april 2019, only EU citizens with biometric passports can apply, and the ID check can only be made through the mobile app, not by post. From April the application process will be open to everyone.
  2. Proof of residency in the UK – you need to prove whether you have been residing in UK, or if you are a family member of a EU citizen.
  3. Criminality check – a criminal background check will be made, and you need to declare if you had any serious criminal convictions.

F. Application steps

  1. Mobile app – The app will ask for your email and phone number
  • Download the app from Google Play and install
  • Scan passport by putting the phone on the passport
  • Scan face
  • Take a photo of your face 

2. Online form

  • Once the ID check is done, you will receive a link to the online form, which you can complete on the smartphone or on a computer.
  • The “identity” and “digital photo” sections will show up as “completed” already, because that is done via the app.
  • The applicant will need to fill in the sections on “application type”, “residence in the UK” and “criminal convictions”.

3. Application type

  • Firstly you will need to provide information about your nationality, how many do you have. For example, if you were born in ex Yugoslavia and that was your nationality, you need to state that fact.
  • Then you will have to say if you had a Permanent Residency card or if you already have Indefinite Leave to Remain.

4. Residence in the UK

  • You will have to provide an address, your previous names (if any)
  • NINo – you should provide them with your NINo which will allow the application to check the history you have with HMRC or DWP . If there is no history with these institutions, you can provide additional evidence which to be uploaded online. (see section H)  

5. Criminal convictions

  • All applicants will be subject to criminality and security checks. You will have to self-declare your criminal convictions (without having to submit evidence).
  • In addition, though, the Home Office will carry out its own checks through the Police National Computer (PNC) and the Warnings Index (WI). The immigration minister told Parliament on 21 June 2018 that self-declaration is for anyone over 18 and Home Office checks for everyone over the age of ten.
  • If you have a serious conviction you may be refused settled status. For more details about what  a serious criminal conviction means, please contact an immigration adviser.

After all these sections are completed, you need to submit the answers. Before you can submit the whole application, you need to go through 2 more steps:

  1. Setting and answering a series of security questions (these will be used in case you lose your phone or email and therefore you lose access to your digital status)
  2. Pay the fee £65 (applicable only until April 2019) – your fee will be refunded after April.

G. Possible outcomes:

After you submit your answers you will get a screen that could have a few possible answers. The application uses your NINo to check history with DWP and HMRC (from 2012 onwards)

  1. If you have been in the UK for more than 5 years and your HMRC data and DPW confirmed that automatically, you will get the screen saying: “You will be considered for settled status” . If you agree, you can submit the application
  2. If you have been in the UK for less than 5 years, you will receive a screen saying: “You will be considered for pre-settled status” . If you agree, you can submit.
  3. If you have been in the UK for more than 5 years, but you know that you have gaps with HMRC or DPW, you can submit further evidence (see section H). The application should state the years that have gaps in them, so you can upload the necessary evidence.

The system itself is not 100% accurate. People with history with HMRC or DWP may receive a message stating that they need to upload more evidence. If you know that you have history with these governmental institutions but you are still requested to upload more evidence, don’t be anxious, the problem is with the system, not your application.

H. Proof of evidence

If you know that you have gaps longer than 6 months with HMRC or DWP, such as your benefits stopped or you were economically inactive, or if the application cannot read your HMRC or DWP data, you can upload further evidence to be able to obtain settled status.

All the documents you submit as evidence must be dated and should have your name on.

You should only provide one piece of evidence to cover each month or longer period of time.

Use documents that cover longer periods of time wherever possible, such as bank statements, council tax bills or university letters and certificates. These will confirm your residence for the entire period of time they cover, so you will need to submit fewer of them.

A document with a single date on will count as proof of residence for that month only, for example an electricity bill, official letter or GP appointment card.

Examples of documents you can bring:

– annual bank statement or account summary

– P60s and P45s

– council tax bills

– letters or certificates from your school, college, university

– documents showing a UK address from a student finance body in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland or from the Student Loans Company

– letters from a registered care home confirming your residence there]

– employer pension contributions

– annual business accounts of a self-employed person

– payslips for a UK-based job

– water, gas or electricity bills which show a UK address

– landline or mobile telephone, TV or internet bills showing a UK address

– domestic bills, such as for home repairs, vet’s services or insurance, and evidence of payment

– cards or letters from your GP or other healthcare professional confirming appointments you have made or attended

– letters from government departments, other public services or charities that show you dealt with them on a particular date or for a particular period (for example Job Centre Plus or Citizens Advice)

You cannot use:

– photos and videos

– letters or references from family and friends

– greeting cards, for example birthday cards postcards sent or received personal scrapbooks

I. Decision

After you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email. No matter what the last step said (you will be considered for settled or pre-settled status) that is not your final decision. You will receive this through an email at a later date. It can take a few days, or a few weeks. 

Meanwhile, your Home Office case worker might be in touch to request evidence or to ask more questions.

Do you want to apply for settled status or have any questions regarding it? Don’t hesitate to contact us at 0800 121 4226 or email us at

We have experienced immigration advisers and are registered with OISC.

Dla języka polskiego: Brexit guide PL

Pentru Română: BREXIT guide RO

Universal Credit Guide

What is Universal Credit (UC)?

Universal Credit is a new benefit that is being introduced in stages throughout the UK. It replaces existing benefits like Jobseeker’s Allowance, Housing Benefit or Tax Credits etc.

UC is mainly available to people who are unemployed or earn less than £338 a month – but you can get it in some other circumstances. Whilst Universal Credit is currently available in all Jobcentre Plus areas in Great Britain (and is due to be introduced in Northern Ireland in 2017), whether you have to claim UC in your postcode area, or the old benefits, depends on your circumstances.

Will I be moved from my current benefits to Universal Credit (UC)?

If you are already claiming benefits, your local Jobcentre Plus or Tax Credits office will let you know when you have to move to UC.

Will Universal Credit (UC) replace all other benefits?

UC will not replace all benefits. It will replace the following benefits:

Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Housing Benefit

Working Tax Credit

Child Tax Credit

Income related Employment and Support Allowance

Income Support

Will benefit cap apply to Universal Credit (UC)?

Yes, the benefit cap limits the total amount of UC you can get. Benefit cap already limits the total amount of benefits that are being replaced by UC.

Who is eligible to claim Universal Credit (UC)?

You may be able to claim UC if you are on low income or out of work. To get UC you must:

+ Be 18 or over

+ Be under State Pension age

+ Not be in full time education or training

+ Not have savings over £16,000

+ Have a right to reside in the UK – for EU nationals this generally means to be working or to have recently stopped work, or to have lived in the UK (working or as the dependent of a worker) for over five years – but there are exceptions. Seek advice.

Can I receive Universal Credit (UC) and work at the same time?

Yes, you can and there is no limit to the number of hours you can work a week if you get UC. Your payment will reduce gradually as you earn more. For every £1 you earn your UC payment will be reduced by 65p.

Can I still apply for current benefits or do I have to apply for Universal Credit (UC)?

Your Jobcentre Plus can advise you whether you have to apply for UC or the older benefits. Whether you have to claim UC depends on the postcode area you live in and your circumstances. Contact us for advice.

Will Housing benefit be the part of Universal Credit (UC)?

Yes, Housing Benefit is part of UC. If you qualify for UC, it will be paid into your bank account as a monthly payment and you will have to arrange to start paying your own rent directly to your landlord. You will need to be careful not to spend the UC that is for your rent on your living expenses.

How Universal Credit (UC) will be paid?

Universal Credit is paid differently from other benefits. It will be paid once a month, usually into your bank account. You will have to make sure that you can manage your own budget and pay your rent on time.

Who can apply for Universal Credit

If you’re single

You can apply for Universal Credit wherever you live in England, Scotland or Wales. You must also meet the other conditions listed below unless you live in an area where these don’t apply.

If you’re in a couple or have a family

You will only be able to apply for Universal Credit in some areas of the UK. You must also meet the other conditions listed below unless you live in an area where these don’t apply.

The first thing you should do is see if you live in a Jobcentre area that accepts applications from couples and families. Follow these steps:

1.Find your nearest Jobcentre

2. Check the list of Jobcentres that accept applications from couples or people with children to find out if your nearest Jobcentre is on the list.

If you can’t apply for Universal Credit, you should look at other benefits – use the Turn2us benefits checker to see what you can apply for or contact East European Resource Centre on 0208 741 1288.

If you’re from a European country

Your eligibility will depend on your personal circumstances and how much you’ve worked in the UK.

You’re likely to be eligible if you’ve had steady work in the UK and you’ve recently stopped working or you’re now earning less. You probably won’t be eligible if you haven’t worked much since moving to the UK.

You’ll still need to meet all the other eligibility rules as well as the right to reside rules.

The ‘right to reside’ rules

You’re only eligible if you meet the ‘right to reside’ rules.

The ’right to reside’ test is a complicated set of rules that determine whether or not you’ll get Universal Credit.

You should make an application if you’re from a European country and you think you meet the rules, even if you’re not completely sure. You’ll be told whether or not you’re eligible.

The rules are different depending on your work history and your personal circumstances. The main categories are:

+ worker

+ self-employed

+ student

+ people responsible for children (eg parents)

+ self-sufficient people

There are other ways to have the ‘right to reside’ that aren’t listed here.

Welfare benefits Guide

I have just arrived in the UK. Can I apply for welfare benefits?

From 1 January 2014, if you come to the UK from abroad and would like to claim certain benefits, you must have been living in the UK for at least three months in order to satisfy the conditions of a test, known as the habitual residence test (HRT). EU citizens who are in the UK for at least three months and are working have similar access to the benefits as UK citizens.

From 1 March 2014, you will be asked to show that for the three months before your benefit claim your gross earnings from your work have been at least at the level at which employees start paying national insurance contributions, £156 per week from 6 April 2016. This rule also applies to self-employed.

How do I find out which benefits I can claim?

You can use an independent benefits calculator to find out what benefits you might qualify for. Visit to find out more.

EEA jobseekers cannot claim means-tested Jobseekers Allowance (JSA), Universal Credit, Child Benefit, or Child Tax Credit within the first three months of arriving in the UK.

I have low income. What benefits can I apply for?

You can apply for tax credits that are designed to supplement the incomes of people who are bringing up children or working but are on low income. These tax credits include Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit.

You can also apply for Housing Benefit to help you cover your rent payments and Council Tax Support to help you cover your council tax bill.

You can make a claim for Universal Credit. UC is a one single benefit that you apply for and receive, instead of a number of various payments but you have to live in a Universal Credit post code area.

Working Tax Credit

You may be entitled to Working Tax Credit if:

+ You or your partner is working enough hours a week and your income is below certain level.

+ You are over 25 years old with or without children.

+ You’re aged from 16 to 24 and have a child or a qualifying disability

You don’t need to have children to qualify. How much you receive depends on your income and circumstances.

Working Tax Credit is now included in Universal Credit for all new claimants.

Child Tax Credit

You may be entitled to Child Tax Credit for each child you are responsible for if they are:

+ under 16 years old

+ under 20 years old and stay in approved education or training

You are usually responsible for a child if they:

+ live with you all the time

+ they normally live with you and you are the main carer

+ they live in Europe but are financially dependent on you

You don’t need to be working to claim Child Tax Credit

How much you receive depends on your income and circumstances.

Child Tax Credit is now included in Universal Credit for all new claimants.

Child Benefit

You should normally qualify for Child Benefit if you are responsible for a child:

+ under 16

+ under 20 if they stay in approved education or training. Visit to find out which courses are approved.

+ you also have to live in the UK.

Remember that only one person can get Child Benefit for a child.

You will immediately stop receiving Child Benefit if your child:

+ Stops attending approved education or training

+ Starts paid work for 24 hours a week

+ Starts receiving certain benefits in their own right.

I disagree with my benefit decision, what should I do?

If you disagree with your benefit decision, there is usually an option of appeal. This will, however, depend on the type of benefit you have applied for and the date the decision was made.

Usually, you have to make an appeal within one month of the date of a decision about most benefits. The first stage of an appeal process is called mandatory reconsideration.

Once you have asked for a mandatory reconsideration within a month of the date of a decision, your original decision will be reconsidered. You will receive a mandatory reconsideration notice informing you whether the decision has been changed.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can appeal to the tribunal within one month of the date of your mandatory reconsideration notice.

My benefits have stopped, what can I do?

This depends which benefits are affected. Some benefits, for example Jobseekers’ Allowance, stop automatically after 6 months unless you can prove that you have genuine chance of finding job that has to be evidenced by a job interview letter or a job offer. Others are linked to your level of income. DWP, HMRC or local authorities should explain a reason for changes in your benefit, usually in the letter they send you to let you know about the change.

I have received a letter saying my benefit has been overpaid and I am not sure what to do?

There could be a few reasons for benefit to be overpaid. This might be a mistake made by the benefit office, or the fact you didn’t inform them about your change of circumstances.

The benefit office should always give reasons why you have been overpaid. This is usually done in the form of a letter. If you think the reasons presented are not correct, you may contact the benefit office and ask for explanation. You can also provide relevant information and evidence in support of your claim. In most cases, this should sort out the problem. In case if the department doesn’t change their decision, you have again one month from the date of the decision letter to request a review.

Remember that different rules apply for different benefits.

For overpayments of (most) benefits paid by the Department for Work and Pensions issued after 28 October 2013, you should ask for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision before you can appeal it.

To dispute a Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction overpayment, contact your local authority.

To dispute an overpayment of Tax Credits or Child Benefit, contact HMRC.

To find out more about overpayments, please visit for more information.

I’m looking for work. Can I get Jobseekers’ Allowance?

If you are unemployed but capable of work, you may be able to apply for Jobseekers’ Allowance (JSA), if you meet certain conditions.

You are 18 or over but below state pension age, you are not in full-time education and you must have £16,000 or less in savings.

You will normally have to live in the UK for at least 3 months before – you will be accepted as habitually resident/ you can pass the ‘habitual residence test’(HRT) in order to claim income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance during this period. This is because from 1 January 2014 you will not be able to satisfy the conditions of the HRT until you have been living in the UK for at least three months.

To claim JSA, you must either not be working at all, or working less than 16 hours a week.

You will have to actively look for work, be available to work, have a genuine chance of finding it and commit to the current Jobseekers’ Agreement or Claimant Commitment with the Jobcentre Plus Office.

Usually, once you are able to claim income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance as a jobseeker you can only have jobseeker status and claim benefit for 6 months. Your benefit may stop after 6 months if you do not provide evidence that you have a genuine chance of finding work. You will have to prove your genuine chance of finding work by providing a job offer or have a letter inviting you to dated job interviews. If you pass this test, your JSA may be extended for further three months but will stop after that.

Full-time students can’t usually get JSA until their course has officially finished – check the date with your college or university. You may be able to claim JSA during the summer holiday if you have children.

Part-time students. You can get JSA while studying part time (including part-time Open University courses) as long as:

+ you take a job if it’s offered to you

+ you do everything you can to look for work, as agreed with your work coach in Jobcentre Plus.If you want to take a short course (2 weeks or less), check with your work coach before you start.

Income based Jobseekers Allowance is now included in Universal Credit for all new claimants where full (digital) UC service applies.

Due to changes in law from 1 Apr 2014 you will not be able to claim housing benefit with your JSA unless you have a permanent residence status in the UK or you were a worker or self-employed person earning minimum £156 per week three months prior to your JSA claim.]

I am sick or disabled, or I look after someone who is – can I get any help?

You cannot receive Jobseekers’ Allowance if you are too ill to work. If you are too ill to work, you may be able to get Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or other benefits for people who are sick or disabled.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)is a benefit for people aged 16-64 who are ill or disabled, and are unable to work.

You may be eligible for ESA if: 

+ you are under State Pension age

+ you do not receive Statutory Sick Pay or Statutory Maternity Pay

+ you do not receive Jobseekers’ Allowance

You can apply for ESA if you are employed, self-employed, unemployed or a student on Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.

Remember, that there are certain rules when claiming ESA if you work.

Usually your ESA is not affected if you:

+work and earn up to £20 a week

+ work and earn up to £115.50 a week doing work as part of a treatment programme, local council or voluntary organisation

+ work less than 16 hours, and earn up to £104 a week for up to 52 weeks. This is called ‘permitted work’

There are two types of ESA, contribution-based ESA and income-related ESA. First one is based on your National Insurance contributions and the second one is based on your income and capital.

How much you will receive depends on your circumstances, for example your income, the type of ESA you qualify (that is what group you will be placed in) and finally where you are in the assessment process.

For more information visit

Income based Employment and Support Allowance is now included in Universal Credit for all new claimants where full (digital) UC service applies. See our Universal Credit guide here . (link)